Tuesday 16 June 2009

Lord of the Rings and Land of Elyon book review

I am about to read Lord of the Rings again. The best books are all worth rereading many times. For those who haven't read the series I would like to encourage you to read it. Imagine the best Author in the world's best book(my opinion.) I've developed a love for the characters and it's hard for me not to be reading about my favorite fictional characters in the world, Frodo, Sam, Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, Faramir, Boromir, Tom Bombodil, and all those other characters. It is the same with the places. I just finished the book but I find myself missing the Shire and Rohan, Rivendell and Gondor, and all those places inbetween. Middle Earth is an amazing place that I'm afraid even the movie cannot fully express.
I'm finishing up The Land of Elyon series. Whenever I near the end of a book I feel lose and the gain. I feel the sadness of putting a wonderful book down and yet the excitment of picking a new one up, it is an odd sensation which is difficult to put into words. Now about the Land of Elyon. I must say I think my favorite is Into the Mist. I don't know I have a sense of guilt about having the favorite be the one not entirely focused on the Main Character Alexa Daley. I don't often read books about talking animals and I find it a treat when I get to hear what the animals say. I think my favorite characters aside from Alexa are Yipes, Warvold and Roland, Armon the giant, and Murphy and Balamoral. I think that the last one may be my favorite but I'm still reading it so we shall see.
Both amazing series take my word for it and worth reading!
I'm sorry I didn't do a review for the Binding of the Blade series which after Lord of the Rings are my favorite!

5 visitors records:

Unknown said...

I love the Land Of Elyon and I am going to Read the Lord of the Rings too! I blogged! I like Murphy as well and or course the brothers + Alexa!
Yes into the Mist is a really good book He is a very good Author!

Anonymous said...

Land of Elyon?
I'm going to have to get those from the Library! =D

Joraiem said...

LOTR are the BEST books ( and Binding of the Blade)!

Elthorn said...

I love the Lord of the Rings. You should read Binding of the Blade!!!

Rachel Kimberly said...

I read the Land of Elyon books! It was one of the few books I've picked up simply because of the cover. It just intrigued me, even though I knew nothing about the books!

I love Murphy, and I also love the cool library.